So yesterday, I was feeling a little stressed (BIG time), needed a lift of energy and craved a little sweet stuff but also needed my greens as well. There’s so much going on with the Kelly’s Bake Shoppe and at LettuceLove Cafe. New menu items, hiring for two stores, website crashes, writing blogs and fixing IT mistakes, creating new recipes, answering emails, update Facebook, look after Twitter,….you know, the usual. 🙂
What better way to incorporate all those GREAT ingredients than to make it all in a delicious smoothie (milkshake)?!
- Maca Root Powder (Maca nourishes the adrenal glands, heals chronic panic and anxiety disorders and balance hormones. Peruvian warriors used to eat maca root before battle to increase their strength and endurance). Store in the fridge once opened
- Organic Spinach (Full of Iron and other minerals, 1 cup of spinach contains 20% of your RDA of fibre, phytonutrieints, antioxidants Vitamin C and E, and 1 cup of spinach also contains 337% of your RDA of Vitamin A- this helps you fight infection)
- Dates (as a natural sweetener)
- Coconut Bliss ‘Coconut’ Ice Cream (made from coconut milk- non-dairy)
- 1 cup organic orange juice. (tons of vitamin C- best if you ‘juice’ yourself. I had some oranges so I ‘juiced’ my own. You can buy UNSWEETENED Orange Juice too from the store for this recipe)
Dreamy Green Milkshake Recipe:
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups Coconut Bliss Ice Cream, Natural Coconut Flavour
3 cups organic Spinach
1 tsp maca powder
4 softened dates
- Blend on high until smooth and ‘milkshake like’ and really foamy.
Within 10 minutes, I felt incredible. I fed my body well and gave myself about 5 more hours of “workmode”. Sure the ice cream was a ‘treat’ but it was a well-calculated treat. Enjoy your life with conscious choices – that’s my 100% LIFE CREED.
Note: Your body will have a hard time absorbing the iron in the spinach if vitamin C is not eaten with it so it’s important to have all of these ingredients together.