Every day is the chance to start a new life. How many of us promise to change and commit to being healthier, happier, kinder, stop our bad habits….and more. I think that resolutions are hard on us and create a negative dialogue within our minds. We beat ourselves up when we fail and chances are, we will.
New habits are hard to follow through on and keep every day. Are you staying true to your 2017 resolutions? As statistics would have it, by day 10 of the new year, 95% of resolutions are gone out the door. Maybe if we keep it simple and attainable, it would not be so daunting. My greatest joy towards achieving my goals is to encircle my life with mentors and people to help me rise up to where I want to be.
- Love yourself first and be kind. Then you can move on to others.
- Learn a new course online like Marisa Peer’s and she will coach you to transform your mind. It has re-shaped the way I think and feel about life.
- I keep sticky notes on my mirrors and I read and say, “I am enough” every time I see it. A gentle reminder that there is nothing else I need. It keeps me in a state of gratitude.
- Put my goals first. No excuses.
- Be mindful. Sit with yourself and shut off the electronics. Be still for 10 minutes to just simply ‘be’. I find the bath works like magic. Water is an energy shifter and lifts me to my happy place every time.
- A vision board (below). It breathes my life. It is an energy connector and keeps me focused and happy on my journey. I am a visual person and I need to be ignited with organization and visualization and creative work around me. (Goals: Expand Kelly’s Bake Shoppe, get my body toned, do more Youtube videos, enhance my yoga and meditation practice…and a few more)
Another important idea to consider is to LAUGH. Stop taking life to seriously….we need to find humour in all we do and all we are.
Be sure to follow me on www.kellyanderinn.com for more updates from Erinn and myself.