What are the holidays without STUFFING?!
Please don’t make this just for your ‘special’ guests (that are on restrictive allergy-friendly diets). This is a recipe for EVERYONE to enjoy because it is gluten-free and vegan and that means no wheat, gluten, dairy, chicken stock or butter (high cholesterol causing ingredient).You’ll love this recipe. Make a ton of it, as I’m certain it will be the main course.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Stuffing
11 cups of fresh or stale gluten-free and vegan ½” bread cubes (I use a Quinoa bread from Thornbury Bakery)
2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp olive oil (go for a good quality brand)
1 Tbsp melted Earth Balance – I choose Soy-Free
1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
1 cup organic onion, finely chopped
1 ½ cups organic celery, finely chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped finely
1 tsp dry rubbed sage
1 tsp dried thyme
pinch Sea Salt (optional)
½ tsp black pepper
2-3 cups organic veggie stock
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toast bread cubes on a large baking sheet until golden brown. This will take about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of Earth Balance in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, and celery until soft.
- Put sautéed veggies into bowl with toasted bread cubes and mix, preferably by hand. This is the gentlest way to do it and give it love
- Add thyme, parsley, sage and dried thyme and pepper (and optional sea salt). STIR.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and STIR WELL.
- Add 2 cups of veggie stock and mix until absorbed. Add another cup gradually until the mixture becomes moist but NOT soggy.
- Bake in a COVERED Casserole dish for 25 minutes. You can also uncover the casserole dish at the end to brown the stuffing for 5-10 minutes.