Vegan & Gluten-Free Stuffing
2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp olive oil (go for a good quality brand)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toast bread cubes on a large baking sheet until golden brown. This will take about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of Earth Balance in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, and celery until soft.
- Put sautéed veggies into bowl with toasted bread cubes and mix, preferably by hand. This is the gentlest way to do it and give it love
- Add thyme, parsley, sage and dried thyme and pepper (and optional sea salt). STIR.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and STIR WELL.
- Add 2 cups of veggie stock and mix until absorbed. Add another cup gradually until the mixture becomes moist but NOT soggy.
- Bake in a COVERED Casserole dish for 25 minutes. You can also uncover the casserole dish at the end to brown the stuffing for 5-10 minutes.