Roasted Cauliflower with Alfredo Sauce
This is an attention-getter! We like to place it in the centre of the dinner table and invite our guests to serve themselves. Cauliflower develops a wonderfully nutty flavor when it’s roasted, which makes this dish something special. If you want to increase the elegance-factor, serve it at a dinner party topped with Alfredo Sauce or Cashew Cream.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
2 ½ cups dry white wine or veggie stock
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup sea salt
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons chili flakes
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 head cauliflower, left whole, outer leaves trimmed
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Olive oil to serve
Sea salt to serve
- Heat the oven to 475°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- In a large stockpot, bring the wine or veggie stock, 8 cups of water, the olive oil, salt, lemon juice, chili flakes and maple syrup to the boil.
- Carefully lower the cauliflower into the boiling liquid. Reduce the heat and simmer, turning the cauliflower occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until a knife can be easily inserted into the cauliflower stalk.
- Using slotted spoons, gently transfer the cauliflower to a colander. Roll the drained cauliflower out of the colander and onto the prepared baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with nutritional yeast and roast, rotating the pan after 20 minutes, for 30 to 40 minutes or until well browned.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower to a platter. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and serve as is or with the sauce of your choice.
Makes 4-6 servings
Did you know?
Cauliflower helps fight against cancer, boosts heart health, and is anti-inflammatory. It’s also rich in vitamins C, K, B6, and protein. Cauliflower boosts brain health and it even helps with digestion!