Due to popular demand (from my cooking classes). I have been under pressure to put together this wicked pizza crust and the toppings for you all to make yourself.
Making raw food is a little different to get used to. As you become more accustomed to it, you’ll be looking around your kitchen and surveying all these obsolete appliances you have kicking around- namely your microwave (yuk!) and that huge appliance called an oven, but once you get the hang of it- you’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy it really is and your body will be very happy too…
Ok, I know this pizza looks like it has a HUGE messy salad on top- believe me, it’s not. It’s just fresh organic baby spinach and fresh organic basil. Live, living food! Heaven
Raw Vegan Pizza Crust
3 cups soaked Sunflower Seeds (rinsed and drained)
1 cup ground Golden Flax seeds (Golden Flax Meal)
1 cups soaked Buckwheat Groats (rinsed and drained)
3 red bell peppers (cut into 4 pieces removing stem and seeds)
1 large yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
½ cup olive oil
2/3 cup wheat free tamari
½ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp cracked pepper
½ tsp sea salt
- Put sunflower seeds into the food processor and process until coarsely crumbled. Put into large mixing bowl.
- Put Buckwheat groats into food processor and process until almost smooth and then put into mixing bowl with sunflower seeds.
- Measure Ground Flax Seeds and place in mixing bowl with groats and seeds and mix together.
- Add onions to food processor and process until smooth then add Red peppers, fresh basil, dried basil, olive oil, tamari and nutritional yeast and pulse about 10 times. Add to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, making sure it is all well combined.
- Spread out evenly and cracker thinly on 5 trays with teflex sheets.
- Dehydrate for 12-18 hours at 110F, at this point you can use a pizza cutter and gently score the crust into squares so it easily breaks into nice size pieces at the end. I make 2″-3″ size squares. Then peel away teflex and flip over to the other side directly onto trays.
- Dehydrate for another 6-12 hours until desired crispness.
Macadamia Mockzarella Cheeze
2 cups soaked macadamia nuts
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 olive oil
Juice of one lemon
Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
1/2 bunch parsley (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender EXCEPT parsley.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, thin it out with water, olive oil, coconut water, …whatever you wish.
- Add parsley at the end and pulse. Do not over blend as your cheese should be white not green!! 🙂 )
I put mine in a squirty bottle so it’s ready to go at any time….wraps, pizza, pasta, salad…
Yes, it can be frozen for about 30 days but you’ll need to blend it again as it probably will separate in the freezer.
Yield : 4 cups
Lasts 3-4 days.
- Place crust on chopping block and top with basil pesto or cilantro pesto
- (both can be found by Sunflower Kitchen or very easy to make your own).
- Add diced tomatoes on top (5-6 small dices).
- Add mockzarella by squirting some on top of tomatoes.
- Top with fresh organic baby spinach or arugula and fresh organic basil.