I’m featuring our Raspberry Coconut Squares today!
It’s a super easy dessert recipe, from Kelly’s Bake Shoppe, and it’s also in our book, Made With Love. We discovered there was a slight error in the book (thank you to a dedicated fan – Suzanne M., for pointing it out) and thought we would try to share this corrected version asap. Trust us, we are embarrassed over this and with 3 editors and multiple revisions to the book, this one still snuck through. Gosh!! Please forgive us.
Please note: the *denotes the updates.
Raspberry Coconut Squares – *edited
These are so easy to whip up and people will think you fussed! You can use any cookies from your cupboard or freezer to whiz a batch of cookie crumbs in the food processor. Couldn’t be simpler or more versatile. We encourage you to enjoy these with a glass of Chocolate Hemp Milk. A Chocolate-raspberry sensation!
Total time: 40 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
5 cups cookie crumbs (we use World Peace cookies and Snickerdoodle cookies)
4 tablespoons agave syrup (or maple syrup)
6 tablespoons organic palm shortening, melted (or Earth Balance Shortening)
2 ¼ cups organic raspberry jam (we use a sugar-free brand)
2 cups shredded organic coconut
1 cup GF all-purpose flour
Pinch sea salt
*1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the cookies crumbs with agave syrup and melted palm shortening. Press this crust firmly and evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and allow to cool before adding jam layer.
- *Spread raspberry jam over the cooled bottom crust.
- Combine the *shredded coconut, flour, salt and melted coconut oil to make the top layer. Cover the raspberry jam mixture completely with topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown in places. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into bars or squares, whatever size you like!
Makes one 9- by 13-inch pan