This is one of our most popular dishes at the cafe because it’s got something of everything — and it’s all so delicious. We like to grill some veggies and leave others raw to provide a variety of flavors and textures. Grilling also brings out the natural sugars in sweet potato and red pepper, which makes this a treat in a bowl!
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 sweet potato, thickly sliced
1 red pepper, thickly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups cooked short grain brown rice
2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons diced red onion
6 sun-dried tomatoes, marinated in olive oil, very finely sliced
6 slices avocado
4 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
12 raw almonds
Sunflower seed sprouts, cilantro and lemon wedges for garnish
- Brush sweet potato and red pepper slices with olive oil. Grill for 10-15 minutes until tender and browned, turning vegetables midway through cooking. Set aside.
- Divide cooked rice between two bowls and drizzle rice with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon tamari. Sprinkle each bowl with ½ teaspoon dried basil.
- Arrange grilled vegetables, red onion and sun-dried tomatoes on the rice.
- Top with avocado slices, sunflower seeds and 6 almonds per bowl.
- Garnish with sunflower seed sprouts, cilantro, and lemon wedges.
Makes 2 servings