Do you remember tapioca as a kid? Well it was one of our favorites! When we stumbled upon chia pudding, it was life-changing. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a light snack, and so versatile, it’s a staple in our kitchen, and ready in under an hour. If you want it extra cold, chill in the fridge for two hours, or longer. Recipe from our Made With Love cookbook.
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1-2 hours of refrigeration, to chill and thicken
2 cups chilled coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
8 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
5 tablespoons maple syrup OR 6 tablespoons yacon syrup
5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
Pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, syrup, cacao powder and sea salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Makes 4 servings
- Add a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of cinnamon for Mexican Spice Pudding!
- Add a teaspoon of mint extract to make it chocolate mint!
- Add 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder for a perfect protein hit
- Add 3 tablespoons of almond butter, but don’t mix it in completely, leave some ribbons